Wednesday 1 November 2017

FUTSAL INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE PROFILE

Since I started my coaching career I have been always thinking about the different perceptions that players and coaches have about their level, their expectations, their commitment... which ultimately does not help to achieve the best out of them and consequently, the team. Recently, I have been working on a visual "Futsal Individual Performance Profile" that I would like to share with you. 

Firstly, I decided the aspects that I wanted to assess on my players and that they will self-assess too. I used Google Form to collect all the information from my players. The questionaire was made up by very simple aspects that they had to value using a Likert scale between 0 to 10. Basically, all the aspects could be grouped in the fitness corner, the technical aspects and mental or psychological compartment.

Second step was to present the data in a visual way that players could see easily where they have the strong points and where the weaknesses are (dips on the graph). At this point, you already have the data provided by the players and the ones given by you as a coach to every player, therefore you can see the diversity of opinions between players and coach.
I decided to give every player their own self assessment results in a visual way so they could see them. Besides, I offered them to provide their self assessment with my assessment so they could see the differences. This was optional for the players as I know how sensitive some players could be when they are assessed. In the picture above, we can observe the player's values in blue and coach's values in red. Finally, I offered them the possibility to have 1-to-1 meetings with me to try to understand each other's opinions. For me, this is the most valuable part of the process... as you can learn a lot from your players at the same time they can learn from you. It is very interesting how some players overrate themselves and on the other hand how some players with low selfsteem are really hard with themselves. Also, I learnt that the players that really want to improve and go further in their career are given themselves low scores.

To sum up, some players would like to compare themselves to the team, therefore a third line with the team average could be something worthy to add in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Buena cuurrada eres un grande enhorabuena y te deseo muchos exitos un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias Paco. Te agradezco tus palabras de corazón. Cuando vaya por Utebo te aviso. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete