Saturday 6 July 2013

COACHING CHILDREN IN FUTSAL

It has been a while since I decided to write this. Futsal in England is growing. Every year the number of teams and players is higher. Most of the professional football clubs have the BTEC in futsal thanks to The Football League Futsal Trust Leagues. But, are these players really playing futsal? Are these players being coached in futsal? Are these players understanding the game of futsal? Or should I reword these questions into?

- Are these coaches really coaching futsal?

- Have these coaches been coached in futsal?
 
- Are these coaches understanding the game of futsal?

My answer is NO. 

I was lucky enough to attend a clinic delivered by one of the most successful futsal coaches in the world, Jesús Candelas Rodrigo, a while ago in my town, Utebo (Zaragoza, Spain) on the 20th September 2009. Almost 4 years ago! His talk was entitled: “Metodología del entrenamiento en categorias base”, which could be translated as “Methodology of training in grassroot level”. It was fantastic! After some time thinking, I have decided to translate into English some of the slides of his presentation about the different periods during the coaching of futsal players in the grassroot levels. Here, you have the slides that cover the six periods between 9-10 and 18 years old.


1st PERIOD: THE GAME WITHOUT SYSTEM 

  
2nd PERIOD: THE TWO LINES DEFENSE

3rd PERIOD: THE INDIVIDUAL DEFENSE

4th PERIOD: THE TRANSITION TO THE GAME FOR ADULTS

5th PERIOD: PERIOD OF SPECIFIC LEARNING I

5th PERIOD: PERIOD OF SPECIFIC LEARNING II

6th PERIOD: PERIOD FOR SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENT I

6th PERIOD: PERIOD FOR SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENT II

Also, a few months ago I wrote another post about futsal and children Why not mini-futsal”. There you can find more ideas about coaching futsal with the documents proposed by Miguel Rodrigo (Japan National Team Head Coach) and other coaches so many years ago.

Finally, I would let you know that we are working in a book entitled  “Coaching children in & through futsal” which I hope is published very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment